Making this homemade lasagna is pretty simple because you do not need different kinds of sauce for that and it tastes very delicious without sauce. This recipe is perfect for those who are allergic to tomato sauce. This recipe is also nice for the kids and older people having problems with sharp taste. So, you can try this recipe at home to make your winter evening a memorable one.
Chicken lasagna nutrition facts:
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Protein: 18 g
Chicken lasagna recipe
Published: November 30, 2012
- Prep: 50 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
Glass baking dish (size – 3 litres),
Nonstick baking spray (you can use butter instead)
Saucepan (size – 2 liters)
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup Chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup Chopped onions
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 400 ml Double Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil Leaves dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 350 gms Ricotta cheese
- 2 Egg
- 3 cups Cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Firstly, you will have to heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Secondly, to make your glass baking dish non-sticky, you need to use Nonstick baking spray. You have to spray the bottom and the sides of your dish. If you are using butter instead of spray, you need to take a cube of butter and then rub the bottom and the sides of the dish with it.
- Thirdly, you will have to cook lasagna noodles in boiled water. You need to use enough water to cook the noodles. You can follow the instructions on the packet of lasagna noodles. After the noodles are cooked, you need to drain them using the strainer. Use cold water to cool the noodles so that they do not get stick to one another.
- Fourthly, you will have to take another saucepan (2 litres) and put butter in it. After the butter gets melted, add chopped pepper and onions until they become tender and crisp. Then remove the saucepan from heat and add basil, black pepper, cream and milk.
- Take a bowl and add ricotta cheese and eggs to make a mixture.
- Take the baking dish that you have greased before. Place four lasagna noodles in it. Then take 1 cup from the cream mixture you have prepared, 1 1/5 cups from the shredded chicken, ½ of the egg and ricotta mixture, 1/3 cup from the grated cheddar cheese and 2/3 cups from the grated mozzarella. Then again place four noodles covering these ingredients and repeat the previous layering. Then place the last four noodles and cover the ingredients of the second layer. Finally, put rest of the cream mixture, mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese on top. Now it is ready for baking!
- You will have to bake the lasagna for 50 to 55 minutes. You need to bake it uncovered. When the cheese gets melted and starts to bubble, you will have to stop the oven. You need to wait for 15 minutes to let the cheese set on top. Then you will have to cut the lasagna and serve it.