Moreover, you do not need many ingredients to make this. Again, it takes less time to prepare than the meat ones as vegetables get tender very soon compared to meat. This recipe is perfect for the people of all ages. Again, a novice lasagna cook will be able to try this. One interesting fact about the recipe is that, it is flexible. You can make variations by adding your favorite vegetables into the recipe.
Healthy lasagna nutrition facts:
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 15 g
Protein: 20 g
Healthy lasagna recipe
Published: November 30, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
[two_third last="no"]For the diet conscious lasagna lovers, meat lasagna is a curse. They love lasagna, but at the same time wants to …
- Casserole Dish
- 2 Cups Pasta Sauce
- 10 Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parmesan grated
- 1 Egg
- Firstly you will have to pre-heat your oven. You need to set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Secondly, you will have to cook he lasagna noodles. For cooking the noodles, boil enough water in a large heavy-based saucepan. When the water bubbles put a little sault and one tea-spoon olive oil or any other vegetable oil and add the lasagna noodles. Cook them until they are tender. Then you will have to drain them using a strainer. To cool them you need to use cold water. If you are a novice, you can follow the directions written on the packet of the noodles.
- Thirdly, for making the cheese sauce, you will have to mix ricotta cheese with grated mozzarella cheese. Mix them well. Then you will have to beat the egg. Add the beaten egg into the cheese and mix all of them well.
- Fourthly, you will have to prepare the dish for baking now. First you will have to put half of the sauce in the bottom of your dish. Then you will have to place the noodles over it. Then you will have to put half of the egg and cheese mixture. You will have to repeat this process with rest of the ingredients. Then you will have to sprinkle the grated parmesan and cover the entire lasagna top. Then you will have to bake it for 40 minutes until the cheese gets melted and starts bubbling. You need to keep the lasagna for 10-15 minutes before serving it.
Healthy lasagna recipe tips:
This is the basic healthy lasagna recipe. If you want to add your favorite vegetables to it, then you will have to chop those vegetables first. Then you will have to put a little olive oil or vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and add the vegetables. You can season the vegetables with salt, black pepper and herbs. Then put them in the layers when you prepare your dish for baking.
To make your vegetarian lasagna healthier, you can use low fat cheese and whole grain homemade lasagna noodles instead of full fat cheese and refined flour noodles.