Everyone likes this food: lasagna. People love to eat this food because they can find something different. Lasagna is not like other foods we can find at the restaurant, cafe, or somewhere else with ‘not so challenging’ taste. People love to eat this food not only because of the great taste it can give to everyone but also because of its simplicity. Everyone can make homemade lasagna and even improve it with their own creative ingredients, for example – mexican lasagna recipe. Now, we will learn how to make lasagna at home, so we don’t need to buy it at restaurant or somewhere else.
Homemade lasagna nutrition facts:
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 16 g
Protein: 29 g
* If you don’t want to buy lasagna noodles, check my homemade lasagna noodles recipe.
Homemade Lasagna recipe
Published: November 30, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
For this recipe, you should prepare a ready-made pork which you can buy from the grocery store. The another one you should prepare is barbecue sauce. You will need them to shorten the time you need to make this delicious lasagna.
- 18 ounce pulled pork in barbecue sauce
- 16 ounce mozzarella cheese shredded
- 16 ounce Cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounce lasagna noodles
- Prepare the oven and increase the temperature to 350 F.
- Pour water in to a large bowl, then put some salt into it and mix them until there is no salt left. Next, boil the water
- Take the lasagna noodles and cook it for about 12 minutes, then pick it up.
- Take the pork in the barbecue sauce and put it into a large bowl. Simmer it over medium heat. Keep the pork in the barbecue sauce warm at a slow simmer while you cut the heat slowly.
- Take the mozzarella and the Cheddar cheese. Combine them in a small bowl.
- Take a different bowl and put the ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and ground pepper. Beat them until smooth enough.
- Take a 9×13 baking dish glass and make a layer of the barbecue sauce into the bottom of the glass. Next, create a layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce so it will cover it. Then, make another layer of the pulled pork over the lasagna noodles and then create last two layer of ricotta mixture. Finally, make the last layer of shredded cheese mixture. Repeat the layers until you got your favorite thickness. End the layers by topping them with another layer of ricotta mixture, a thin layer of pork, and a light sprinkling of the cheese mixture.
Remember to save a small part of the cheese mixture for the next step.
- Now, bake the layers for about 40 minutes at medium heat. After finished, take it from the oven and use the remaining shredded cheese mixture to cover the top of the lasagna. Put it back to the oven and bake it for about 5 minutes until you can see the cheese is bubbling.
- Cool the lasagna before it is ready.
- That’s it. Now you have your own lasagna. Enjoy it!