To make this food, you just need to spend a little time to buy the ingredients which you can get from local groceries and another little time you will use to cook the lasagna itself. Don’t worry, the recipe is not difficult. In fact, you will find that it is so easy cooking this new recipe. So, let us begin making our tasty lasagna noodles casserole.
Lasagna casserole nutrition facts:
Fat: 30 g
Carbohydrate: 56 g
Protein: 44 g
Lasagna casserole recipe
Published: November 30, 2012
- Yield: 15 Servings
- Prep: 60 mins
As I said before, you need a little time to get the ingredients you need to make the food.
- 1 package Lasagna noodles
- 1 package firm Tofu
- 1.5 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 lb Mithra cheese grated
- 3/4 lb Feta cheese crumbled
- 32 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped finely
- olive oil
- Instead of using lasagna noodles, you can use eggplant. Cut the noodles lengthwise for about 0.25 inch thick. Let them dry by placing them in a colander and wait for about 30 minutes.
- Now, you need 2 quarts of tomato mixtures. The measure itself varies depending on your taste. You can have the tomato mixtures just by adding some water.
- Now get the basil and oregano. Chop them fine until you have about 0.25 cup of each of them. It may larger depending on your taste again. If you prefer to use the dry one, use one 30% of them.
- Combine all of them together.
- Cook the garlic and onion until it tender in olive oil.
- Cook the ground sirloin until turns brown and drain.
- Make 2 quarts of liquid sauce of tomatoes using a blender.
- Combine all of them with basil and oregano. Cook them over mid temperature and then simmer for about 60 minutes to get the best taste.
- Make a light layer of sauce at the bottom of 9×13 inch pan, then make another layer of uncooked noodles on it.
- Take the tofu and slice it, then create a layer of it on the noodles and cover with sauce.
- Finally, create another noodle layer and top with Feta cheese and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the Mithra cheese on it. Then, you can bake it at 350 degrees F for about an hour. Wait for 20 minutes and take it out for the cooling process.