As a matter of fact, we can find many new creative lasagna recipes today. Most of them have surprisingly new taste that we never expect before. One of these new lasagna recipes is seafood lasagna recipes. This recipes combine seafood, such as scallops, shrimp and crab with lasagna. As we know, seafood has high nutrition needed by our body
Seafood lasagna nutrition facts:
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 57 g
Protein: 23 g
Seafood lasagna recipe
Published: November 30, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
[two_third last="no"]Have you ever tried seafood lasagna? Today, we know that there is one fact among food lovers: most people love to …
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound small shrimp uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup 2%milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded,divided
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- Take a large skillet, onion, oil, and 2 tablespoons butter. Sauce the onion in oil and the butter until it tenders. Stir them and then bring to boil.
- Add the scallops, shrimp, crab, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the sauce and then boil again.
- Reduce the temperature. Simmer and uncovered the mixture for about 5 minutes or until you can see the shrimp turns into pink and the scallops are firm and opaque enough. Stir them gently. Then, drain them. Reserve cooking liquid and set the seafood mixture aside.
- Take the remaining butter and melt in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir them until it is smooth enough. Next, pour some milk and reserved cooking liquid, but remember to add them gradually to the saucepan. Take the salt and remaining pepper and put them into the saucepan, too. Cook them and don’t forget to stir for about 2 minutes.
- Take them and turn the heat down. Put some cream and ¼ cup of cheese and stir them in it. Stir also ¾ cup of white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Pour ½ cup of white sauce in a greased 13×9 inches baking dish. Cover with 3 noodles and spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1 ¼ cups of sauce. Repeat the layers and finally end the layers with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake the lasagna at 350o F for about 40 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.